N-iX is looking for an experienced Scala BigData Engineer to join the global team behind a life-centric finance application that makes money management simple, collaborative, and innovative.
About the role:
We are seeking a hands-on Scala BigData Engineer to help us build out and manage our data infrastructure, which will need to operate reliably at scale using a high degree of automation in setup and maintenance.
The role will involve setting up and managing the data infrastructure plus building new systems where required. Responsibilities will extend to building and optimizing key ETL pipelines on both batch and streaming data. The ability to work with the teams from a product, engineering, BI/analytics, and data science is essential. Ownership needs to be taken of data model design and data quality.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Working with technology teams and data architects to set goals
- Mining data from primary and secondary sources
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data, and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
- Must have experience of at least 2 years on Java/Scala
- Good knowledge of Big Data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Impala
- Good knowledge of relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Good knowledge of data pipeline and workflow management tools
- Good knowledge of stream-processing systems: Spark Streaming, Kafka Streaming
- Highly motivated, team player and must have the capacity to work under pressure
- Nice to have experience with GCP
- Flexible working hours
- A competitive salary and good compensation package
- Best hardware
- A masseur and a corporate doctor
- Healthcare & sport benefits
- An inspiring and comfy office
- Challenging tasks and innovative projects
- Meetups and events for professional development
- An individual development plan
- Mentorship program
- Corporate events and outstanding parties
- Exciting team buildings
- Memorable anniversary presents
- A fun zone where you can play video games, foosball, ping pong, and more