N-iX is looking for a talented Senior PHP Engineer to join our team.
As part of a backend development team for Boohoo, you will create complex, enterprise-transforming business applications by writing quality software code and, simultaneously, focusing on continual learning and development.
This is an excellent opportunity for a software developer who has strong technical skills, a passion for quality and experience of creating and supporting large scale web/e-commerce applications. Our culture is fit for developers who excel in a fast paced, dynamic, DevOps environment and who relish the opportunity to further their career working as part of an industry leading organisation.
There are multiple opportunities inside Boohoo to work on totally new and greenfield projects, giving you autonomy and ownership of the work you produce! We work in small Squads/Tribes and are growing so much that we are carving out a brand new Boohoo Tech House in the heart of Manchester! Boohoo Group plc is a leading online fashion group, home to a portfolio of pure-play fashion brands, servicing fashion-conscious consumers globally. Our vision is to lead the fashion e-commerce market globally, in a way that delivers for our customers, people, suppliers, and stakeholders.
• Maintain and develop the essential back-office tools and integrations that provide up to date and relevant data to our key business stakeholders and other systems.
• Identify points for improvement within the team and task them accordingly.
• Respond quickly and intelligently to live environment issues.
• Collaborate with colleagues in other departments to design solutions and ensure that their needs are fulfilled to the best possible efficiency
You will be an experienced and proactive developer with solid skills in PHP 7 and Laravel. You will have a strong focus on delivering quality through good design, using for example SOLID principles, CQRS and design patterns, and the use of modern software practices such as, BDD, TDD, process automation, test automation and Agile. You should hold a basic understanding of relational databases and SQL. In addition, you will hold the following skills:
• Strong skills and understanding of object-oriented PHP
• Experience using MySQL to build and query databases
• Experience using a PHP framework (e.g. Laravel, Zend, Symfony)
• An understanding of RESTful APIs
• A personable style and approach, not afraid to collaborate within immediate and wider team
• Strong skills and understanding of Laravel development
• Experience in automated testing
• Experience building and integrating with RESTful APIs
• An understanding of how to use Git for versioning
• Experience of Agile development approaches and use of Jira or equivalent
• Exposure to AWS technologies
• An understanding of how to optimize performance in PHP applications
• Understanding of branching methodologies and deployment processes
• Experience using BDD or TDD to write test suites
• Experience using Docker
• Experience using MSSQL
• Personal contributions to open source
Experience implementing solutions for enterprise integrations between third-party tools is advantageous. You will have strong communication skills with the ability to develop positive relationships with a team. Most importantly you will enjoy problem-solving working in a dynamic environment. You will be capable of explaining complex problems to non-technical business stakeholders