N-iX is a software development service company that helps businesses across the globe develop successful software products. During 20 years on the market and by leveraging the capabilities of Easter Europe talents, the company has grown to 2000+ professionals with a broad portfolio of customers in the area of Fortune 500 companies as well as technological start-ups. With its headquarters in Lviv, Ukraine, the company also has multiple development offices in the East European region and representative entities in the United States of America, Sweden, and Malta.
Throughout the years of its operations, the company has developed strong expertise in such fields as digital turn-key solutions engineering, cloud services, big data & analytics, user experience design, engineering excellence, digital platforms integration, and its own R&D in different domains such as financial services & banking, telecommunications, e-commerce, automotive, manufacturing, and others.
The modern global trends in the IT industry have led the company to consider its expansion to the Latin American market to complement its expertise with high-end talents in the area. In order to excel in its remote operations and build an effective cross-cultural working environment, we are looking for a Solutions Architect in Colombia to join the Technolgy Office team. If you want to be a part of creating a business in the new location, you would like to participate in consulting: pre- and discoveries, you would like to investigate new features of top technologies, so welcome to the team.
As a Solutions Architect, you will be at the forefront of N-iX global expansion, working with multiple work streams and stakeholders. This is a tremendous opportunity to prove yourself and unlock the new growth frontiers for the company.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Drive the design/discovery or assessment of solution architectures of any size and complexity performed by a team of architects acting as technology decision-makers and a peer to the business stakeholders.
- Drive architectural service executions such as Presale, Discovery, and Assessment.
- Talk to the business to understand business and technical requirements for the project. Communicate technical constraints and decisions to the business.
- Facilitate cooperation of all the stakeholders to define and prioritize architectural drivers for the solution.
- Cooperate with other architects and technology experts to produce solid architectural decisions. Drive and coordinate technical staff discussions.
- Elaborate on system quality attributes such as performance, scalability, availability, fault-tolerance, security, deployment, maintainability, and others.
- Translate customers' business, functional, and non-functional requirements into high-quality solution architecture visions and operations plans consistent with enterprise architectural standards using Attribute Driven Design.
- Define architecture strategies, standards, processes, technologies, and tools in architecture visions.
- Drive or assist in solution implementation estimation and roadmap construction.
- Analyze, model, document, and assess existing software architectures according to the Architecture Trade-off Analysis methodology.
- Act as an expert and consult development teams on adherence to solution design, development, and testing standards.
- Convey technical ideas to the development and operations teams.
- Higher education in Computer science, Applied mathematics, or equivalent education
- 8+ years of experience in Software Development
- Successful track of consulting projects and presale activities
- Cross-domain expertise
- Managing 10+ groups of technical people
- English upper-intermediate strong level and higher
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent estimation skills
- People motivation skills
- Ability to talk in technical language and switch to the language of business managers
- Ability to recognize software patterns and solutions associated with those patterns
- Ability to establish credibility with client representatives
- Self–motivation to professional/technology grow
- SEI Software Architecture Professional (Optional)
- SCJP/SCJD/SCWCD/SCBCD/SCDJWS (Optional)
- MCP/MCTS/MCPD (Optional)
- IBM SOA (Optional)
- TOGAF (Optional)
- Willingness to travel to abroad locations
- Desire to work in an autonomous mode
- Flexible working format - remote, office-based or flexible
- A competitive salary and good compensation package
- Flexible and personalized career growth
- Professional development tools (mentorship program, tech talks and trainings, centers of excellence, and more)
- Active tech communities with regular knowledge sharing
- Education reimbursement
- Paid vacation days, sick leaves, and days off
- Memorable anniversary presents
- Corporate events and team buildings