Node.js Engineer, join our Gorillas team at N-iX and receive a welcome bonus - $2,000!
Hey there! We are Gorillas and we are influencing the way people live their lives. Groceries
being delivered to your door in under 10 minutes is a concept that up until recently was
unimaginable. We’re redefining an industry that has never experienced the rapid changes that we’re creating: you can be a part of generating this change!
As a member of the Product & Engineering team you will become part of a diverse and inclusive company culture which aims to become a global leader in on-demand retail - a neat network of cross-functional teammates responsible for product management, design, user experience, analytics, and cutting-edge engineering. Together we build the product and experience that is the core of Gorillas.
We run a highly complex technological operation across clients, platforms, and countries, and you will be able to shape both our technology as well as our engineering culture. You will have the opportunity to experience a hyper-growth startup environment that is still focussed on personal growth as well as team development.
As a part of the fastest growing startup in Europe, you can benefit from a steep learning curve from day one with a high-growth career trajectory - we love seeing our crew blossom and growing with us! With a transparent company culture and stunning team spirit, Gorillas ensures a dynamic and international environment welcome to anyone! Plus, our flexible working arrangements support people at different stages in their lives. We also celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you want to build something you are proud of and you believe in the vision, we want you in the Gorillas fam!
- Take ownership of a feature or feature set
- Complete application development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities
- Actively participate in project team meetings and technical discussions related to the project
- Work with designers, PO and other engineers to solve problems and implement solutions
- Generate high-quality code in balance with rapid feature delivery
- Code reviews, technical documentation, deployments
- Implementation of the best practices for continuous delivery
- Propose process improvements and changes
- Involved in Team on-boarding and Mentorship
- Diverse Software Engineering experience (5+ years)
- Strong proficiency of Node.JS and knowledge of the frameworks available for it
- Excellent understanding of both NoSQL and SQL databases
- Desire to work with Kotlin and develop skills
- Strong understanding of Design Patterns, Algorithms, and OOP
- Knowledge of system design, software architectures and fundamental design principles behind a scalable and secure application
- Experience with AWS
- Hands-on CI/CD and deployments systems (GitHub actions, Circle CI, EAS, AppCenter)
- Knowledge of Agile (preferably SCRUM and Kanban) development practices
- Strong analytic & problem-solving skills
- The solution-focused, takes initiative to work effectively within established guidelines
- Intermediate + English level
- Flexible working format - remote, office-based or flexible
- A competitive salary and good compensation package
- Flexible and personalized career growth
- Professional development tools (mentorship program, tech talks and trainings, centers of excellence, and more)
- Active tech communities with regular knowledge sharing
- Education reimbursement
- Paid vacation days, sick leaves, and days off
- Healthcare & Sport program
- Medical insurance
- Memorable anniversary presents
- Corporate events and team buildings